Columbus City Council Meeting Highlights:
• REMOVING “DARK MONEY” FROM CITY POLITICS: President Pro Tem Michael Stinziano and Council President Shannon Hardin are sponsoring ordinance 3386-2018 to create campaign finance reforms in Columbus. The new code changes address campaign contribution limits for municipal candidates, financial and election period communications disclosure, new duties for the City Clerk and City Attorney, and fines and penalties for violation of the new code.
• CREATING A COMPREHENSIVE NEIGHBORHOOD PLAN FOR THE HILLTOP: Council President Pro Tem Michael Stinziano is sponsoring an ordinance for the development of a comprehensive Hilltop community plan. This legislation allows the Neighborhood Design Center to work in coordination with the Department of Neighborhoods to engage the Hilltop communities, City departments and community partners to align resources to develop a strategy revitalization for the Hilltop.
• PROVIDING AFFORDABLE HOUSING ASSISTANCE FOR RESIDENTS IN NEED: Councilmember Priscilla Tyson, chair of the Housing Committee is sponsoring ordinance 0044-2019 to allocate million to make financial assistance grants available to homeowners, homebuyers, renters, for-profit and non-profit organizations to increase the local supply of decent, safe, and sanitary housing and decrease the number of vacant properties in our neighborhoods.
• SUPPORTING PUBLIC EDUCATION: Councilmember Elizabeth Brown chair of the Education Committee is presenting a resolution to recognize January 20-26, 2019, as Public Education Week in Columbus, Ohio.
• .1 MILLION IN UPGRADES TO STATE ROUTE 161: Councilmember Emmanuel Remy, chair of the Public Service & Transportation Committee is sponsoring ordinance 0010-2019 to allocate .1 million for the resurfacing and pavement repairs along State Route 161 from the City Corporation limits (Big Walnut Creek) to the pavement change at Little Turtle Way.
More info on Columbus City Council Meeting 1/14/19
[ss_rss url=”https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Columbus City Council Meeting 1/14/19&format=rss” feeds=”5″]